Saturday, May 4, 2013

Three days of cold and rain…

…makes for some pretty boring dreary days.  When it is raining and the high temps for the day remain in the lower 40’s, I’m not very interested in going anywhere or doing anything.  I took Emma for her outs of course, but that was about it.  Haven’t even tried to fix the windshield wiper.  It does appear that there is a scratch along the windshield though.  Shucks!

IMG_2771

The highlights for me today were all things I saw out my dinette window this afternoon.  A nice mated pair of Canada geese, at least one of which was banded, were on high alert in my yard.

IMG_2773

Three young goslings were the reason why.  Mom and Dad were keeping a watchful eye over them.

IMG_2772

As is often the case with three siblings, two were behaving themselves and quietly finding new shoots to gobble down. 

IMG_2777

But you know there’s always one that walks to the beat of a different drummer.  It struck out on its own, and made its way closer and closer to the rig.  Eventually, a parent came to hustle it back to the group.

With all of this time spent in the rig you would have thought I’d have plenty of time to clean every inch of it, but that just didn’t happen.  I’ve just been a lazy bum.  I did line up my next stop in Missouri when I leave here on Monday.  Hopefully by that time the sun will be shining again.  Who would believe there would be such a storm as this in May?  I’m just glad I wasn’t any further north and in the middle of a snowstorm.

IMG_2780

A number of rigs moved in yesterday, but not as many as I had originally expected.  Even though it was raining, several weekend warriors tried their hand at shore fishing.  Brrr!  I like fishing, but not in this cold.  I’m very happy to be retired so I don’t have to cram all my enjoyed activities into the weekend.

There’s a possibility there may be partly cloudy skies tomorrow with a slight improvement in the temps, so I may just journey out to visit a local winery for a tour and lunch.  In the meantime, I’ll just listen to the pitter patter on the roof, and continue to be a bum.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy