Monday, May 6, 2013

A fly in the ointment?

Remember almost two weeks ago when I finally got the Flat Joey letter mailed off to my grandson’s first grade teacher?  Well, today I got a call from my son, Andy, saying that the teacher had sent the cd disk home with Joseph from school today because it was empty and didn’t have anything on it!  Uf-dah!  (Can you tell I’m getting ready to return to the land of ‘Uf-dah’?)

What’s up with that?  I even had Billy Thibodeaux check it out on his computer to be sure the two files were on it before I sent it.  Andy tried on his computer and came up with nothing as well.  Thank goodness I posted the whole thing on this blog on April 24.  So, I guided Andy on how to find that particular blog so he could just print it off and send it to school with Joseph tomorrow.  (As with many family members, he seldom reads my blog, and he has less skills than even I do with computers.)  I hope that gets rid of that fly in the ointment.

_MG_2064This morning, I was on the road shortly after 9:00 finally heading out of Arkansas.  After about 160 miles, I pulled into The Big Red Barn RV Park in Carthage, Missouri.  Have you ever noticed how many states begin with an M?  I’m never sure what the two letter abbreviations are for the ‘M’ states. Confused smile

_MG_2065

Before I made my reservation for this park, I checked it out on the RV Park Reviews website.  Several people had rated this park with a ten.  Personally, I wouldn’t go that far, but the site is a nice long pull-through, there’s easy access off of I-44, and they gave me two tasty home made chocolate chip cookies upon my arrival.  The office worker also led me to my site in a golf cart.  I always appreciate that.  It’s also a Passport America Park, so the bill for two nights with full 50 amp hookups was $35.   That also includes digital cable with a ton of stations. 

I do want to let those of you that commented about the windshield wiper thing know that I sent an email off to Thibodeaux’s the day it happened.  Haven’t heard anything back from them however. 

Tomorrow, I plan to visit some sights in Carthage that may not be on everyone’s list of things to see.  I often check the Roadside America website when I stop somewhere for a bit, and that’s what I used for tomorrow’s itinerary.  We’ll see how it pans out.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy