Thursday, February 28, 2013

Letters/43


Dear Hiking, although you're not my favorite thing to do in Korea (hiking in Korea is like a buns of steel workout, straight up stairs to the top) I'm glad we've started exploring more of the mountains and gorgeous views on our island. And maybe I'll even get a little booty out of it instead of the flat backside excuse that I have now. Dear Inner Martha Stewart, pinterest has brought you out once again but I just can't justify doing any more DIY projects when this is not our permanent home. I need to stop! Dear Students, this is how your latest speaking test went. Me: what did you have for breakfast? Student: yes...7 o'clock...breakfast. Me: close enough. Dear Apartment Hunting, this is the 8th move in 6 1/2 years. You would think I would be used to it by now but when you're moving from a place you love and trying to choose between a huge place that dark, dirty and old or a brand new place that just barely fits a bed...it's not so fun anymore. Praying that we'll find a place that fits us soon!

UPDATE: for those of you who are just dying to know. I recently finished my academies that I was working at this previous year and will not be resigning. I had an interview a week ago with hub's company where he teaches engineers and shipbuilders business English and got the job! (hence the apartment hunt since we live further away from work than we would like) This will be an exciting change from what I have been doing in Korea the first two years and we're very excited to be on a similar work/vacation schedule again. I'm both nervous and excited for this new venture since I have, after all, been teaching kids for two years and I'm not sure adults would appreciate English lessons with songs, play-dough and coloring sheets. Maybe they would, we'll see.

Also check out my guest post all about love and living abroad over on the lovely Laurie's blog!

Linking up with Ashley