Friday, February 1, 2013

Moved back home today

The physical therapist was knocking on my door at 8:30 this morning.  This past week, she’s added a weight to my leg for the exercises and upped the number of repetitions for each challenge.  Some are a little uncomfortable, but I muscled my way through all of them.  Of course, my legs feel like wet noodles by the time she leaves.  Don't tell anyone smile

There was no time to relax for a while as today was the day I was to move back to the Okefenokee NWR.  Barry and Dick, fellow volunteers, arrived to help me out with the outside packing chores, and we headed out of Okefenokee Pastimes Campground before noon.  By 1:30, everything including the DISH and internet antenna were all set up.  I know I couldn’t have done it without their help.  It was quite a treat for me to have the outside unhooking and hooking up chores only requiring my supervision.  I felt spoiled…

I think I had more exercise with the move and the PT stuff this morning than I’ve had in a long time.  I’m pooped!  It’s great to have 50 amps again, and enough water pressure to actually be able to take a shower.  If there is one complaint I have about Okefenokee Pastimes, it would be the lack of water pressure.  I’ll be taking my first shower in almost a month tomorrow.  I just don’t have the oomph to do it tonight. 

The lack of water pressure while I was there brought me memories of my early childhood.  A tub bath was limited to Saturday nights where I shared the tub water with my brother Kurt.  I always felt lucky when I got to use the water first.  I never experienced a shower until I went away for college.  It’s been a month kind of like some boot camps where you bathe out of your helmet.  Disappointed smile

I’m happy to be home.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy