Thursday, February 14, 2013

Guest Post-Dancing With Ashley

We don't have any kids, unless you count a cat that wakes us up in the middle of the night, a kid. But for the sake of not sounding like a crazy cat lady, I'm going to give that a big fat no. One thing that's always amazed me about moms out there is how the hay do you travel with little ones?! It's enough trying to keep myself in order while we're traveling. I'm really hoping it's something that magically happens overnight or that my kids will be the one exception and be perfectly behaved all the time. Please God? But since I'm doubting either of those are realities, I turned to the sweet Ashley from Dancing with Ashley for some insight on how she travels with her two little ones. Oh and by the by, if I had a guarantee that my kids would turn out to be as cute as her two little boys, I'd start right now. But again, I think that's just wishful thinking on my part.


Hi everyone!  I'm Ashley from Dancing with Ashley.

I do love these little babies of mine.  It's fun traveling different places with them, but it also takes a lot of work!

Here are 3 rules I live by when traveling with children.

1.  Pack in ADVANCE.

I know this seems like a no brainer, but really...if you wait to to pack until the last second, you won't get out the door.  Make lists and have the car packed the night before.  And have their clothes packed in outfits.  What a difference that makes.

2.  Have SNACKS.

Snacks make everything better.  Even for adults :-) 

3.  Have something NEW.

A new toy, a new book, or a new activity will help them have fun and enjoy the journey a little more.

What are your tips for traveling with little ones?

Thanks so much to Chelsea for having me!