Thursday, April 4, 2013

Letters/48

Dear Cookie Monster Cake, you turned out better than I ever imagined! I spent the night with two friends as we tackled this project (ok, ok, I mostly watched and 'taste tested' the frosting while I attempted to make it look like fur)
Dear Stove, I realize it was my own stupid move that made me get second degree burns on my fingers but I'm still bitter. At least my students got a good laugh when I walked into class with a bag of frozen green beans on my hand (I had no ice...what was I supposed to do?) Dear Student, you almost made me start crying in class as I was correcting your homework piece about your dreams for the future. You wrote about your stillborn baby and how badly you want to take care of your wife. So many times foreigners get a negative image of the men here and how they work long hours, drink a lot, and don't spend a lot of time with family. Thank you for being the exception to the stereotype. Dear Mom, you called me late one night this week worried about North Korea because stories were on repeat all over the news. Don't worry, everything will be fine. Speaking of... Dear US News, stop freaking my family out! Dear Readers, I have loved reading your stories so far for the Expat Diaries! I can't wait for the next link up on May 2nd! Hope to see you all there!
 Linking up with AshleyJeanLaurenKerryChrissy