Thursday, April 4, 2013

Meet Flat Joey

After I worked this morning in the VC, I stopped at the mail box on the way back to the rig for lunch.  I pulled out an expected Netflix disc, but there was also a large envelope in the box addressed to Grandma Bell.  Hmm…  It came from Kasson, MN.  My oldest grandson Joseph lives in Kasson.

IMG_1872

Inside was a letter from Flat Joey, sent by Joseph’s first grade teacher.  After reading the book “Flat Stanley”, Joseph chose me to send this letter to.

IMG_1873

What a hoot!  As I went roving after lunch, my mind was in a whirl!  What adventures could I plan for the next couple of weeks?  I thought of several involving alligators, but had to remember the pictures would be seen by first graders.  Winking smile

IMG_1867

So, meet Flat Joey.  We started out slow with looking at wild candyroot flowers this afternoon.  If I had a printer, I’d make a little book with pictures and a story to send to his class. 

IMG_2381

I’ll think of something to make Flat Joey’s visit exciting.  I couldn’t get him out of the car quick enough for a shot with this Sherman’s Fox Squirrel.  I’m hoping none of the other students have a relative that lives in a swamp.

IMG_2383

                                                                               THE END!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy