Friday, April 26, 2013

I picked a gem to stay at my first night out

I was up at the crack of dawn ready to head on my way from Premiere RV.  There were supposed to be just a few minor details to be taken care of before I left.  My plan was to head out a little before 9:00.  Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.

It turns out that there were real issues with finding new windshield wipers for the rig.  Who would have guessed that?  Then there was the vacuuming out of the air from the reluctant to work dash air conditioner.  It had been worked on yesterday, but there was another process to do that took a while, and then there was a test drive to make sure everything was working.  I’m not complaining about the attention to detail at Billy Thibodeaux’s, but I was just anxious to be out of there. 

It was noon before I could finally pull out.  I generally leave a place soon after rush hour because I tend to get drowsy driving in the afternoon.  Thank goodness, for some reason, I’d chosen a campground only about 170 miles away for the day’s travel.  After all the packing up and delays of the morning, I was more than ready to pull off of the road shortly after 3:00.

I had made a reservation last night at a place that was mostly well reviewed on the internet.  What a beauty of a spot it is!

72 On the way to Tamarac NWR, MN 20132If you ever find yourself about 17 miles north of Natchitoches, LA, on I-49, I’d recommend a stay at this Passport America park.  It’s only .3 miles off of the interstate, but it’s a really relaxing small RV park.  There are plenty of long pull-throughs and it was $18.42/night.  There are only 27 sites, but tonight there are only five rigs here.

IMG_2008

After setting up, I took Emma for a walk, and this padded bench swing was calling my name.  It overlooks the private pond where you can fish (catch and release) without a license.  The lady in the motorhome next to me spent the late afternoon catching and releasing quite a few fish.  If I had a pole, I would have given it a go.

72 On the way to Tamarac NWR, MN 20131

While I was swinging away, Emma enjoyed a good roll in the grass.  I guess she’s as glad to be out of the gravel repair shop parking lot as I am.  Winking smile  I paid for two nights here, so I’ll be doing some local visiting tomorrow.  Since I’ve never done it, I suppose I should tour a plantation.  It’s not something I’ve been dying to do, but I’ll probably sneak in a visit to a National Fish Hatchery along with it.  I’ll be taking my time heading to Tamarac NWR as I believe they still have a couple of feet of snow on the ground there.  I think I’m allergic to snow.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy