Saturday, November 3, 2012

I just don’t get it

I had today off, but decided to take the electric cart to check out the programs that were being presented for a group of home schooled students on the refuge today.  I’ll probably be helping out with some education programs in the future here, so I wanted to see what types of programs are offered.  Tonight, I started out writing a post about home schooling, and my experiences with those students, but had second thoughts about jumping into that bear pit, and erased it.

IMG_1152

As I made my way down to the Chesser Homestead, the area was engulfed in heavy fog.  That’s the first fog I’ve seen here.

IMG_0622 IMG_0623

I figured the fog might make the group’s arrival a little late, and I was right.  Lots of turkeys were out and about in the subdued light.

IMG_0628

When the sun finally started burning off the fog, it revealed the fine work of an artistic spider.  I followed the group around through a number of their scheduled programs, and felt comfortable that I could handle running any of the educational stations.

This evening I decided to grill up several chicken/apple/gouda sausages so I’d have tonight’s dinner as well as a few more easy fix meals.  That’s when I once again began to tear out my hair.  In my six years on the road, I’ve had a number of little gas grills.  They seem to work just great for a very short time.  Then after several uses, the heat seems to ebb and my hottest temperature seems to be 250*.  I just don’t get it.  People use those portable grills for years, but it seems I always have problems with maintaining proper cooking temperatures.  While I was in Mississippi I replaced the hose extension so I could use a larger propane tank.  That worked for a month.  When I tried to fire it up this evening, it blasted to high, and then immediately dropped down to almost no heat.  Again, I just don’t get it.  What is up with me and gas grills?

I had to bring everything inside and finish it on the stove.  I’m thinking I’m just going to give up trying to have an outside gas grill.

IMG_0634

                                                                                THE END!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy