Thursday, February 16, 2012

Getting ready for the birthday girl

Yesterday was Avery Jade’s fourth birthday.  She’s my oldest granddaughter, and she and her mother, Robyn, will be flying in to the Biloxi airport for a short visit with me this Saturday.

photo

                               Robyn sent me this picture of the birthday girl and her birthday cake.

photo (1)

Robyn is quite talented when it comes to making fancy cakes.  She made this whole cake except for the Diego figure on the top.  (I’m not sure who Diego is, but I have recorded some Diego shows for Avery to watch while she visits.  Now if it was Grover or Big Bird, I’d be familiar with that. Smile)  I just love the monkeys and the leopard.

IMG_5999

Today was spent doing things a Grandma needs to do to get ready for a visit from the little birthday girl.  That included vacuuming out the back seat of the car to get rid of all of Emma’s shed hair, and putting in this new booster car seat.  It’s been over 30 years since I’ve needed to have a car seat!

Then there was the trip to the grocery store to make sure I had essentials like mini ice cream sandwiches, shaved ham lunch meat, and hot dogs for a cookout on one evening.  Last week I was able to get a supply of honey roasted pecans from the Pecan House.  I know those are some of Avery’s favorite things.  Including Emma, this is going to be a house of four women this weekend.  It will be fun having them for their first sleep over with Grandma.  Oh yeah, I also made sure I had a new tube of super bubbles!  I’m hoping ‘Emma the Gog’ will behave herself.Who me?

_MG_6239

Tomorrow, 34 members of a women’s group are scheduled to come for a tour and activities, so I’m hoping we’ll find some cranes.

_MG_6238

It promises to be another interesting day.  The big decision for tonight is to choose whether or not to vacuum the rig and suck up more dog hair.  Being the very experienced procrastinator that I am, I’m thinking that it would be better to do it tomorrow evening…

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy