Friday, February 3, 2012

Am I turning into a social butterfly?

During January, I had the opportunity to meet up with some fellow RV bloggers.  First there was NICKIE and Jim, and then there was JERRY and Wanda.  As many of you know, getting to meet other bloggers is a real hoot.  It’s like running into old friends.

IMG_5980

I took a look at my calendar for February, and it’s beginning to fill up with other visiting friends.  I haven’t got all of the dates even filled in yet.  My friend Jack will be arriving next Monday, and then PHYLLIS and Leonard may be arriving with others from their NOMAD group next Friday.  The following week, I’m hoping to visit again with NICKIE and Jim in Mobile (not penciled in yet).  Then on the 18th, my daughter Robyn and granddaughter Avery fly in from Chicago for a three day visit.  After dropping them at the airport in Biloxi, I’ll meet up with Colin and his wife, Denise, for a birding day.  Colin is my friend and fellow volunteer from Anahuac NWR, and they are from England.  During the last week of February, Peggy and Paul, fellow volunteers I’ve worked with at Balcones Canyonlands NWR in Texas, will pull in for the night on their way to Florida.  Phew!  This is going to be a busy month crammed in around my volunteering duties. I’m betting I’ll set a personal record for eating out.  I generally seldom eat out, but with so many visitors, I’m sure I’ll be introducing them to The Shed, and Huck’s, and maybe a few other places.

IMG_5983

The Dee’s Nature Trail outside the visitor’s center winds for about 3/4 of a mile through the wet pine savannah and along the Bayou Castille.  Along the way are four benches for hikers to rest if they wish.  It’s not an arduous hike, but there are two spots that Emma and I always stop at.

IMG_5982

It’s hard to see in this photo, but the bayou winds its way north in front of us.  It’s just so peaceful to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.  It’s never crowded on the trail, and Emma and I walk it almost daily.  It provides her with plenty of olfactory stimulation, and gives me peace of mind just a short distance outside my door. 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy