Monday, January 28, 2013

The ‘wild child’ returns

Not much happened the last five days.  It’s been rounds of PT exercises and not much else, but this morning it was time to pick Emma up from the kennel.

IMG_1508

As usual, she ignored me when we went to get her.  She’s spent three weeks romping around with other dogs each day, so she’s had more exercise than I’ve been able to give her in quite some time.  However, I think she was happy to be home.

This afternoon, Kurt and I went back to the refuge to be sure I am able to drive my car.  The plan is for him to head home to Arizona on Thursday, and I’ll move back to the refuge on Friday.  Before I relieved him of duties, I needed to be certain my leg worked for driving my little car.  I left it on the refuge these last three weeks, and things went smoothly as I took it for a test drive.  So, it looks like a go.

Took a walk around the campground this afternoon and found something interesting.

_MG_1506

There’s a pond on the north side that I hadn’t been able to investigate before.  I think I’ve mentioned that the owners of this campground are a little different, and this reinforced that for me.

_MG_1504 _MG_1505

I’m not really sure what all this UFO stuff is about.  I especially found the white sign with “Use of deadly force authorized” a little odd.  Then there was the light leaning out over the water that is on 24/7.  I have no idea what that’s all about.  The owners are on vacation for the month, so I may never find out the significance of this stuff.  Maybe it’s just a hoax.  Who knows?

That’s about it from out in the swamp for now.  I’m hoping we’ll have an exciting tour on Wednesday before Kurt leaves.  It all depends on the weather.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy