I can't believe it's already time for the Snail Mail Collective again! Last month we have over 160 people! Melyssa and I are over the moon excited at the growth of this project of ours. Thank you from the bottom of our package loving hearts for all of your support! We hope you guys have been enjoying it as much as we have been!
I just received my August 'Under the Sea' package the other day from my partner and I'm so excited about it! Her name is Daphne from the blog Life is Like a Triple Chocolate Cookie. She's an aspiring architect student in the Netherlands with her fiancé (they get married in May!) who makes the cutest cards in her spare time! I have loved getting to know her better and you should definitely check out her blog!
And how cute is all this ocean stuff? I personally can't wait to try out the squeeze water toys with Zeke. He'll probably hate me for it but his reactions should be hilarious.
And now that's it's the first of the month again, it means a new month of Snail Mail Collective! Summer is whizzing by and Twitter and Facebook have been consumed with back to school photos. I have no desire to be back in the classroom as a student (I get enough 'classroom' experience as a teacher thank you very much) but what I do miss are the back to school supplies! Is it just me or does the school section of Target make anyone else want to load up on unnecessary crayons and notebooks?
That's why this month's theme is Back to School!
Your package could include notebooks and pens; organizational tools such as fun magnets or push pins; or you could even include some back to school basic from when you were in school. I'm sensing Smackers and Goldfish crackers for this one. Get creative with this one and have some fun!
New to the Snail Mail Collective?It's an easy international package exchange. Aka, send a package, get a package. Our goal is to provide an avenue to connect and get to know people from all over the world by exchanging packages and encouraging postcards each month. This is a great way to not only meet people around the world, but to also learn about new cultures and make new friends! Interested in joining us? Read the rules below and let's get started!
Rules & Information
In order to participate in the Snail Mail Collective this September, please fill out this form. Filling out the form means you commit to actively participating and following the rules below.
1. You will be paired with one new person. We will do our best to make sure this person is from a different country, or at the very least, a different area of your country. We will strive for you to make international friends, but it's also nice to get to know the different parts of our own homeland.
2. Each month's gifts will have a theme. The theme for September is "Back to School" Get creative! Try to relate it back to your culture, if you can.
3. Each month, we will be taking sign-ups until 22:00PST on the 7th day of the month. After that, the pairings will be posted on our blogs on the 9th or 10th of the month. Please check Lost in Travels or The Nectar Collective to find out who you're paired with.
4. You will have 72 hours to contact your partner (both partners must communicate together). If your partner does not respond within 72 hours, please e-mail Melyssa or Chelsea.
5. You will have about two weeks to get to know your partner. After that time, your gifts must be sent by the 22nd of the month.
6. Gifts: Your present(s) should not total more than $5. We want this project to be affordable for you, so think small, but meaningful. Also, all packages must include a postcard (preferable) or a letter to your partner. Motivate them, tell them all the beautiful things you learned about them this month, and make them feel special! We could all use a little encouragement, especially from our new friends.
7. Once you receive your gifts, we highly encourage you to write a blog post about your experience. Share what you gave, received, and learned through participating in the Snail Mail Collective and meeting your new buddy.
8. On the 1st of each month, we will hold a link-up on our blogs (The Nectar Collective & Lost in Travels) where you can share and link-up your SMC blog posts. This way, you can see how people around the world interpreted the theme, learn about other cultures, and meet even more new friends!