Thursday, December 13, 2012

Yahoo! Good news!

We’ve had some pretty miserable wet and dreary weather the last three days down here in the swamp.  I had two days off that were mostly spent inside, and today I divided my time between the VC and working a few very cold hours out at the Chesser Homestead.  We only had a total of six visitors today, and I was surprised there were that many considering the weather.

IMG_1345

                                      A few more photos tonight from my boat trip to Monkey Lake.

As many of you know, I’ve been waiting for weeks to get a surgery date for getting my new hip.  Since I seemed to get a helpful person at the hospital last week, I was giving her a little time to arrange things.  Then, last night, my cell phone began to ring at 4:55.  I flew out of my chair (not exactly in my condition, but you know what I mean) to answer.  When I picked up the phone, the call was immediately dropped. Annoyed  The number that showed on the phone was that of the hospital in Waycross.

IMG_1137

I waited a couple of minutes, and then called them back.  Got an answering service that said everyone had gone home.  Shucks!  I went to work this morning figuring they would call back this morning, and I could check for messages when I came back to the rig for lunch.  There were no messages.

IMG_1348

So after my stint out at the Homestead this afternoon, I called them from the VC around 4:00.  After being put on hold a couple of times, the scheduler said she could put my name down for surgery on January 8.  Halleluiah!  I’ve finally got a firm date!  There will be at least one other appointment before then that she will let me know about next week.  I was hoping it would happen before the end of the year, but tonight I’m just happy to finally have a definitive time line to get ready.  Now I can firm up a kennel for Emma, and find a place to move to.  I had put those plans on hold until I knew when things would actually happen.

IMG_1183

First thing I did when I got back to the rig tonight was to call my brother, Kurt, in Arizona to let him know my surgery date.  He’ll be driving east to the swamp to be my caretaker and chauffeur for a couple of weeks.  He doesn’t know it yet, but I’ve been developing a little ‘honey-do’ list to help keep him occupied while he’s here.  Since I don’t have a honey at the present time, I’m thinking it couldn’t hurt could it?  Winking smile  I don’t want him to get too bored, and I’ve chosen things that I think will be a snap for him, but a real challenge for me to accomplish.  At least that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy