Monday, January 23, 2012

When it rains, it pours…

And I’m not just talking about the weather.  Although, we have had about an inch and a half of rain the last few days which has put a damper on my hiking plans for my days off.  My title refers to fellow volunteers Sally and Tom.  If you remember, from a couple of days ago, they went off on a trip to visit family and friends in Georgia last week, but had to make an emergency trip along the way to Florida.  It turned out that Sally’s father had suddenly taken ill, and died once he got to the hospital.  It was a shock to them, but they returned last Wednesday to the refuge.  Then early Friday morning, Tom began to feel ill.  Today, he ended up being admitted to the hospital for cellulitis.  I don’t know too much about that, but I’ve been told it can be very painful.  My heart goes out to these folks.  What a stressful time for them.

With the wet weather, I’ve spent most of my time inside the rig.  I’m not complaining about that though since temps have remained in the 70’s.  Shirt sleeve weather in January!  While I took Emma outside during a lull in the sprinkles, I stood on the stool at the bottom of my stairs and pretended I was 5’ 8” tall.  It does give one a different perspective.  If I were that tall, I could reach the top shelves in the cupboards and wouldn’t need the step stool to get things out of the microwave or the top shelf of my refrigerator.   I think my youngest son is a little over 6’ tall.  Can’t imagine what that would be like.  I decided that dealing with an aging body and its limitations, like losing muscle strength and flexibility, and being a shrimp pretty much sucks.   Guess it’s a good thing I can escape in my mind to being  ♫ Wonder Woman!♫ ♪  Rolling on the floor laughing

I’ve watched Phyllis and Al pick up their Netflix mail almost daily, and am now thinking maybe I’ll sign up for that again.  I’m not always near a Red Box, but other than zipping from place to place, I always can get mail.  I’m feeling like I want to watch “Centennial” again, and it’s been years since I watched “Roots”.  I liked both of those mini-series.  Time will tell.  It’s time to have my taco salad, so I’ll say goodnight. 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy