Sunday, January 1, 2012

Foiled again

This time it was Mother Nature that interfered with my plans for the day.  I was all set to head out this morning for Louisiana, but along about 6:30 this morning the winds really began to blow again.  They certainly weren’t as bad as the Thursday before Christmas, but as I took Emma for her first outs my hair was blowin’ in the wind!  When the winds are near 30 mph, I don’t drive the rig.  It’s as simple as that.

So, I ate the bologna sandwich for breakfast that I had prepared for lunch on the road, and stayed in the almost ready-to-roll mode until noon just in case the winds died after the front passed through.  They didn’t, so I’m here for another night.  In the afternoon I called the state park to inform them that I wouldn’t get there today, but my plan was to arrive there tomorrow.  I don’t want them renting out the site I had reserved because of a no show.

Upon reading some reviews about Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, I found out that there is little to no cell phone reception.  That probably means my air card won’t work either, so I may not post again until I get to Mississippi on Thursday.  EEK!  It’s been a long time since I haven’t had internet connections… almost five years as near as I can figure.  I’ll try to survive.  Surprised smile

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy