Monday, January 9, 2012

Just Chillin’

I spent most of the last two days taking care of normal chores, reading, and doing a jigsaw puzzle.  Emma and I are pretty well ensconced here for a few months, and we’re getting our groove together.

IMG_5579

It was a nice little sunrise yesterday with only a touch of fog.  The chattering of cranes on the savannah would have made it perfect, but since there’s no pond in this area the cranes aren’t seen or heard near the RV sites. 

_MG_5587

That pileated woodpecker made a brief appearance right outside my window yesterday.  Don’t you just love that topknot?  Kind of like a red Mohawk. 

_MG_5598As we did our constitutional today, I found several different mushrooms along the way.  I remember seeing this variety in the coastal area of Washington a few years back.

_MG_5602

I’m still in a quandary about what to do when I leave here around the middle of April.  My latest idea is to spend the summer in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Seems to me I change my ideas and plans almost weekly.  Who knows where I’ll end up. 

Talked to my daughter, Robyn, today and it looks like she and grandgirl Avery will fly from Chicago to visit for a few days toward the end of February.  I’m really looking forward to that.

IMG_5607

A front with the possibility of strong storms is forecasted to move through the area tonight.  I hope it goes a bit north of me, but it could be that I’ll be up in the middle of the night to pull in the slides.  The area needs the rain.  The wet pine savannah isn’t very wet at all right now.  The drought isn’t as severe as in Texas, but the normally wet areas here are dry.  I’d say it’s not been too exciting for the last few days.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy